- by Jacob Coakley
USITT has signed several corporate sponsors to insure their 2016 conference in Salt Lake City is a success. Sponsors include InterAmerica Stage (lanyards and swag bags); Disney Creative Entertainment and H&H Specialties sponsoring charging locations around the show floor; and Gantom Lighting and Controls, RC4 Wireless, AV Pro, Inc., and Texas Scenic stage equipment will sponsoring the keynote speech.
Corporate Sponsorships Boost USITT 2016
Some top names in entertainment technology are contributing to USITT 2016 by sponsoring key elements of the Annual Conference & Stage Expo to be held March 16-19 in Salt Lake City.
InterAmerica Stage, Disney Creative Entertainment, JR Clancy, H&H Specialties, and Cirque du Soleil are among those contributing to make USITT 2016 a world class event, with sponsorship of major events, spaces, and gear.
Other sponsors of important facets from receptions to Wi-Fi include Vectorworks, RC4 Wireless, Gantom Lighting, AV Pro, Tomcat, Schuler Shook, Ron Fogel & Associates, Elation Professional, Texas Scenic Co., and Point Source Audio.
USITT still has several sponsorship opportunities available at www.usittshow.com/sponsorships.
USITT sponsors help maximize the Conference & Stage Expo experience by underwriting significant aspects of the event. In exchange, they get their logos prominently displayed in the program and website, and branding to some 5,000 attendees in the backstage industry.
Here is a list of the USITT 2016 sponsors so far:
- Gantom Lighting and Controls, RC4 Wireless, AV Pro, Inc., and Texas Scenic stage equipment are sponsoring the Keynote speech by Tupac Martir, the visual artist whose production an lighting designs have elevated shows from Elton John and Sting to London Fashion Week.
- JR Clancy stage rigging and Cirque du Soleil are sponsoring Opening Night, featuring a party, refreshments, and the New Products Showcase also known as “Brag & Swag.” Clancy also will sponsor the International Reception on opening day.
- IA Stage rigging and equipment is sponsoring the USITT 2016 lanyards and a new addition, Expo swag bags to be handed out at registration. Eight companies also will be able to buy ad inserts for the bags as additional sponsorships.
- Disney Creative Entertainment and H&H Specialties stage rigging and curtains are each sponsoring Networking Lounges on the Stage Expo floor where people can recharge their devices and meet for networking and conversation. Elation Professional lighting and controls is sponsoring an Attendee Lounge in the Conference area of the Salt Palace Convention Center.
- Vectorworks, Inc., design software is sponsoring the Tech Olympics, a competition that requires teams of students to perform a series of theatre tech tasks.
- Ron Fogel & Associates technical solutions is underwriting Wi-Fi costs for the Conference.
- Schuler Shook Theatre Planners underwrites USITT 365, the year-round mobile app for USITT, available at www.usitt.org/mobile. Tomcat Staging, Lighting and Support Systems is sponsoring the USITT 2016 portion of the app that allows users to learn about and plan their show schedule.
- Point Source Audio microphones is sponsoring a You Are Here guide map for Stage Expo.
USITT is still seeking sponsors for Registration, in the high-visibility lobby of the Salt Palace Convention Center, as well as for the Stage Expo Hall, a Buyers Room with a “sky club” atmosphere for decision-maker level attendees.
USITT, the United States Institute for Theatre Technology, is the national nonprofit serving the performing arts/entertainment design and technology community, www.usitt.org.